Monday, September 24, 2012

NYC Street Style: The Evolution of the Combat Boot

The combat boot. We've seen it in and out of style since Marc Jacobs' iconic grunge collection from the 90s. Over the last year or so, I've noticed that it's quickly making its way back into fashion. They started out so basic - black, brown, grey. But more recently, designers are taking them a step further with more details and embellishment. Check it out.




I wore my combat boots to explore Central Park last year. Basic black faux leather - so easy to throw on and match to virtually anything. The brown ones belong to my roommate, this picture is from about 6 months ago. Pair em with some tights, a mini and some denim, and you're good to go!


These are some combat boots I've seen over the last few days. Designers are getting more and more creative with ways to dress up these boots or make them stand out - from studs to mixing fabrics. My roommate recently started a blog and made a post about boots, and it inspired a friend to go ahead and get this brown studded pair. My friend Melissa also just got hers, with a blanket-esque lining to show off when you fold the top over.


Steve Madden is my favorite shoe designer. I fall in love with everything he does. Here are some really great choices from him right now: The Tropador, with going halfway up the leg and decked out with studs if you like some edge; the Ladiluck, which also come in black, but I thought this was a great new color I haven't seen too much of; and the Taco, which I think give off a more laid back, comfy look.



*All images were taken by either me or my roommate, with the exception of the Steve Madden boots, which came from his website.

4 comments:

  1. I love the combat boots. I feel like it's he perfect thing for the fall. Its comfortable and it goes with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost feel like it is safe to say, who doesn't have a pair of Combat boots?! They work with so many looks and are easy and comfortable to walk in. Also, they look cool and edgy. Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a pair of combat boots and I wear them everyday! I didn't like them at all last year but I'm obsessed and wanna buy like 3 more pairs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these boots so much~ I had seen a print one in H&M and I really want to buy it. And I think this could be cool to match with the beautiful skinny and leather jacket.

    ReplyDelete