Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sweater Savvy

Fall is almost upon us! Get ready to pull out those boots, jackets, and scarves from the trenches of your closet. Know what else is almost upon us? NEXT FALL. Or that's what designers and retailers at least will be thinking about in the next few months, if they're not already. Being a fashion student with access to trend forecasting sites, I've determined one, among many, key items for Fall/Winter 2013: The Oversized Sweater.


Everyone loves the oversized pullover. They are comfy, easy to throw on over leggings or jeans, and look so effortlessly chic. Most of us already have a few of these in our wardrobes that will get the job done, but be sure to keep an eye out for more next year with new colors, patterns, and fabrics.


These two are from Alexander Wang's Cruise/Resort 2013 Collection, but can easily transition into a staple piece for fall.


Celebrity inspiration is always something to look to when deciding how to wear a garment. Here Rachel Zoe pairs her oversized sweater with a trouser while Selena Gomez wears hers with leggings and ballet flats. Both looks are acceptable for something as casual as a day out shopping or a dinner with friends.

So next fall when you're deciding what you need to add to your wardrobe or what you can wear from your existing one, remember the sweaters!

*All images courtesty of Style Sight.

5 comments:

  1. I think an over-sized sweater will be a great staple for fall 2013. It's simple yet fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oversized top pieces. It's something comfortable to wear when you feel like dressing that way. I like to dress it up with a few accessories, a pair of leggings, and a pair of boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oversized sweater is definitely coming back which is exciting because it's one of my favorite things to wear. I love the Wang pieces you put on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely love sweaters, especially since it's Fall time soon! I'm so glad that sweaters are cute to wear because I love to see the new designs each year they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the oversized sweater. I'm happy it's here for Fall. I think it's perfect for college students with early morning class. It's easy to throw on and go to class and it's also fashionable.

    ReplyDelete