Monday, November 26, 2012

Front Row at Burberry...Sort of.

This post is about new formats technologies that designers are using in their shows to make it more interesting or accessible. In February, Burberry had a live stream on their website of their Fall 2012 show. This way, people at home who were not invited to the show could still experience it and feel as it they were there. Viewing it online also allows you to "Explore the Look," so you can see each item individually and how they put together the outfit.

Here is a link to the show!
http://uk.burberry.com/store/shows/#/aw12-womenswear/show

Burberry did this again in September for their Spring 2013 collection, so perhaps this will be an ongoing event for them.


3 comments:

  1. I love that technology allows us to pretend like we're at the show! (Of course it's not like we're there, but close enough for now!) I love viewing them online being I can't be there for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I love that designers are now allowing us to watch the shows live! I can't wait to see who else does it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that we can watch them at home too for many reasons, 1. We can watch all of the shows we want without having to worry about scheduling issues and missing shows because they are going on at the same time, 2. With the great camera work they do to film the shows I feel like it's almost better than a front row seat because you can see clear details that you wouldn't necesarily see from the sidelines, and 3. I can wear sweatpants while I watch everyone else being glamerous lol

    ReplyDelete