Thursday, November 1, 2012

Marc Goes Mod

By now, weeks after NYFW has been over, we've all seen pictures and videos from all the shows. But I'm going to go ahead and highlight one of the best ones from the season: Marc Jacobs.

This show was FANTASTIC. I really liked the simple backdrop/runway, so nothing was distracting from the clothes. The collection very obviously has a mod 60s theme to it, with the black-and-white op-art patterns on the garments. Black and white are very interesting colors to showcase for spring, but I like it. It's also interesting to see the dropped waistlines after so many seasons of high-waisted pants. Another thing I noticed was that the models were all wearing flats or very short heels. I love it! It fit right in with the theme of his collection, and is more realistic to what most women wear.

This piece was my favorite, which you can see in the video just after the 4-minute mark:

1 comment:

  1. I really loved the show. With the movement the clothing looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete